Why Triple Pane Windows from BIEBER?
Choosing between double and triple pane windows ?
Given the condensation resistance, energy savings and enhanced comfort of triple glazing, all at modest incremental costs – the question is not, “Why triple pane glass windows?”–the questions is, “Why not triple pane glass windows – from BIEBER?”
Energy Savings VS triple pane window cost
- Not surprisingly, a triple glazed window is warmer not just at its edge, but over its entire glazed surface.
- Added R-value of triple glazing makes a BIG difference in the overall heat loss.
New homes and new commercial buildings are featuring larger and larger glass areas. While spectacular, they can be uncomfortable when temperatures plummet. They are uncomfortable for two reasons:
- Natural Convection: During the heating season, windows are cooler than room temperature. The air immediately next to them is cooled and falls.
- Called natural convection: Driven by temperature difference between the inside face of the glass and the room temperature. As inside glass temperature drops, the speed and volume of air being convected increases.
Triple Pane Windows Cost
- Once you’ve decided to buy a quality window, the cost of triple glazing is modest.
- BIEBER window systems are designed to accommodate full depth triple glazing.
BIEBER Super Efficient Low-E Glazing triple glazing
- All low-emissivity glazing uses an invisible metallic coating to reflect radiant heat back into the building, without affecting incoming heat from the sun. This is sometimes combined with inert gas (generally Argon) fill to further reduce heat loss from conduction and convection.
- Ecoplus System advanced glazing is superior because of its ‘soft coat’ low emissivity coating, which makes it not only one of the best insulated glazing materials, but gives outstanding optical clarity and light transmission.
Innovation award for triple insulating glass Biplus 3CL
Award for the best new windows glass product
The innovation award “Glassex Best of Show Award 2009” by the international exhibition Glassex / GP&T was just awarded to Interpane Glas Industrie AG for their new triple insulating glass Biplus 3CL. Interpane accepted the award from James Cower (Group Exhibitions Director – EMAP.) at the trade fair in Birmingham (UK). Due to the combination of excellent heat insulation (Ug-value) and a high total energy transmittance (g-value) Biplus 3CL absorbs more energy than it releases to the outside. The results of that are considerable solar energy gains.
Triple glazing has been successfully used for some years now in new passive and low-energy houses, where high-insulation components are indispensible. A weak spot, however, has always been the low total energy transmittance, which used to limit the solar energy gains. Interpane just solved this problem with their new Biplus 3CL.
The Glassex / GP&T exhibition is the most important event for the door, window, and conservatory industries in Europe, in turn attracting visitors from all over the world. Interpane had the honour of accepting the “Glassex Best of Show Award 2009” for the best new glass product. The intelligently balanced product properties of the triple glazing Biplus 3CL convinced the jurors: Due to the optimised heat-mirror coatings, it reaches a superb insulation value of up to 0.5 W/m²K, in addition to an above average total energy transmittance of 55 per cent at a light transmittance of 72 per cent. Solar radiation can thus penetrate the glass easily. The heat, however, cannot escape: The use of heat-mirror coatings in the triple glazing keeps the heat inside the room just like a well-insulated solid brick wall. It also convinces by means of its colour neutrality (Ra, D = 96).